We all know that your metabolism is the part of your body that converts whatever you eat and drink into much needed energy. So how can we kick your metabolism into high gear and easily lose unwanted pounds? Here's how:
- Eat Healthy Fats! Yummy foods such as dark chocolate, avocado, olives and coconut/olive oil are a perfect way to get your food converted into energy fat. Plus, who could say no to a little dark chocolate?
- Eat Small Meals. Try eating every 3-4 hours, all meals of course. When you eat every 3-4 hours, you can help develop a great relationship with food. In return, it will help keep you burning fat for hours after - even till your next meal.
- Drink Water. A resent online study showed that drinking 2-3 liters of water a day, about 17 oz., your metabolism will actually speed up 30% within 10 minutes! It will reach its maximum boost after about 30-45 minutes. So yeah, it's important to make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day, and also meals.
- Get some Sleep! 8 hours of sleep seems like the golden time amount. When you sleep, it helps your body perform at its best all day long. When you're tired, your body signals to your metabolism to slow down, which uses less energy. Which in the long run, could cause us to binge-eat later in the day.
- Avoid Restrictive Diets. Do you know how many calories you need to burn in order to lose weight? 1 lbs. is equivalent to 3,500 calories. So, when you're losing weight, try to a healthy number of calories, which are over 1,500. Anything under that is starving yourself - which that's a whole other post.
- Eat More! Really? Yum. Extreme calorie restriction (see above) wrecks lasting havoc on your body. Your boy will actually stop burning calories and slow down your metabolism, thinking that you're in survival mode. Stick with the small meals, every 3-4 hours, and you shouldn't feel deprived.
Try These Food. High fat burning foods? Try raspberries, salmon, green tea, avocado, chili peeps, fennel tea, flaxseeds, watermelon (good for hydration and low calories!), chicken, almonds (perfect go-to snack), apples and soybean to incorporate into your diet.
When kick-starting your metabolism into high-gear, it's important to understand how your body works. You want to make sure you stay healthy and have plenty of energy, keeping your best interest of your overall health.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.